Cannot complete a scheduled task

May 12, 2010 at 11:53 PM
I was trying to schedule the task to run once. It runs ok in direct mode, is missing something in timed mode. It correctly pauses for hte scheduled start, and then logs in, but where it uploads the files normally, it fails at this point. Clearing the flag and running again directly was ok again. I had the following settings: <!-- ScheduleOn defines if a scheduler should be on or off. Values are true or false --> <add key="ScheduleOn" value="true" /> <!-- LoopSchedule defines if a scheduler restart every day. Values are true or false --> <add key="LoopSchedule" value="false" /> <!-- StartTime when the scheduler should start in the format hh:mm or hh:mm:ss 24h format--> <add key="StartTime" value="23:48" /> <!-- EndTime When the scheduler should end in the format hh:mm hh:mm:ss 24h format. If the StartTime > EndTime, the EndTime will be stamped with the following day's date--> <add key="EndTime" value="08:00" /> I got : Load configuration Load UI Initializing Waiting ... Start schedule Log in Object reference not set to an instance of an object. End schedule Done press any key to continue
Coordinator
May 16, 2010 at 5:17 AM

Thank you for the comment!

Your settings are correct and the scheduler is working correctly.
The “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” is not related to the scheduler. This error is related to the libraries I am using to connect to SkyDrive which is part of a separate project.

I agree that the code is not robust enough at the moment to handle errors properly, so I’ll work on handling this type of errors and try to recover to continue synchronizing normally. I understand that it can get frustrating if you schedule your app to run overnight and wake up the next morning to see that it hasn’t done anything. After all that is the hole point of implementing this application.

Once again thanks for the comment. Will work on it for the next release.