Wish List

Coordinator
Feb 21, 2010 at 7:29 PM

This section includes any features that you would like to see in upcoming versions of SkyDrive Synchroniser.

Coordinator
Feb 24, 2010 at 6:39 PM
Edited May 11, 2010 at 1:50 AM

In no particular order:

• Upload and Download(in latest version)
  • Synchronize updated files(in latest version)
  • Delete files on web/locally if not in source (in latest version)
  • GUI
  • Limit download and upload speed
  • Split larger files into smaller ones for easier transfer and to store files larger than 50mb(in latest version)
  • Scheduler(in latest version)
  • Implement the observer pattern to loosely couple the UI and the business logic (in latest version)
  • Multiple folder mapping (multiple profiles)
  • Regular expression to filter unwanted files and folders
May 7, 2010 at 11:54 AM
axcte wrote:

I would like to have filter feature, which can include or exclude the folders and files matching the given name (regular expression is also an option).

+1, definitely on the top of my wishlist.
May 12, 2010 at 10:35 PM
I have used skydrive for backup, and this this project is great to automate the process. What I did was to zip the files to reduce the file size on transfer and (more useful) to preserve the timestamp (Skydrive marks each file with the time of transfer, not the time of original creation). Could a zip util be built in to optionally zip each file automatically this before it gets uploaded?
May 14, 2010 at 10:32 PM
Another item for the wish list - as one of the filter options - to be able to only upload files with the archive bit set, and to optionally clear the bit when (and only when) the file has been uploaded. (i.e. to provide standard incremental and differential backup options)